100 dating bolivia
The city was first founded in 1561 by Spanish explorer Ñuflo de Chavez about 200 km (124 mi) east of its current location, and was moved several times until it was finally established on the Pirai River in the late 16th century.For much of its history, Santa Cruz was mostly a small outpost town, and even after Bolivia gained its independence in 1825 there was little attention from the authorities or the population in general to settle the region.Animosity towards imperial authorities began at the turn of the 18th century when the new system of intendencias reached the new world.The seat of government was taken away from the city and moved to Cochabamba, and many of the powers delegated by the viceroyalty were now in the hands of appointees of the crown.This has helped make Santa Cruz the most important business center in Bolivia and the preferred destination of migrants from all over the country.Like much of the history of the people of the region, the history of the area before the arrival of European explorers is not well documented, mostly because of the somewhat nomadic nature and the absence of a written language in the culture of the local tribes.No one under the age of eighteen is allowed to use this free personals site.
Remains of ceramics and weapons have been found in the area, leading researchers to believe they had established settlements in the area.
Over the next 200 years, several tribes were either incorporated under Spanish control or defeated by force.
The city also became an important staging point for Jesuit Missions to Chiquitos and Moxos, leading to the conversion of thousands of Guaranies, Moxeños, Chiquitanos, Guarayos and Chiriguanos that eventually became part of the racially mixed population of the modern Santa Cruz, Beni, Pando and Tarija departments of Bolivia.
Nevertheless, the conditions proved to be even more severe at the new location forcing the settlers to relocate once again on May 21, 1595.
Although this was the final relocation of the city, the name San Lorenzo continued to be used until the early 17th century, when the settlers who remained behind in Santa Cruz de la Sierra were convinced by the colonial authorities to move to San Lorenzo.